maryellenkot.ca
kotmaryellen@gmail.com

Monday 16 January 2017

Keep Calm and Carry On

At last, I'm back. So many things to think and write about, especially this week. The inauguration is uppermost in so many minds, along with the fear of what may come. However, my mood started off better today, thanks to an interview I heard with Canada's outgoing U.S. ambassador, Bruce Heyman. He and all politically appointed ambassadors were forced to resign by inauguration day. Now you would think he would sound angry, bitter or fearful. Not this guy. His attitude was reminiscent of Obama's. He was calm, thoughtful and diplomatic. He did not stoop to criticism or negative language. He tried to reassure the listeners.

If he can behave in such a manner, then it's a good reminder for me to try and focus on the positives. We're hearing way more from the other direction. I am so grateful to have heard Obama's farewell address. It was a privilege for all of us to have the opportunity to listen to such an orator. My award for feistiness, wit and intelligence goes to Meryl Streep. Her  speech at The Golden Globes was truly inspirational. On with the struggle!



No comments:

Post a Comment