maryellenkot.ca
kotmaryellen@gmail.com

Friday 3 April 2015

EQAO - a postcript

Well, I never really intended to follow up on my comment about scrapping EQAO (Ontario's Education Quality and Accountability Office) but this little video just fell into my lap. I saw it on Facebook, the day after my last post. The video shows a very young student addressing her Florida school board. Her remarks are very similar to what many of us think of Ontario's EQAO, which commenced in 1996. It is a waste of precious time, energy and money and causes untold stress for everyone involved. If only the EQAO money ($33 million annually) could be poured into special education, where it would actually result in much better results province wide. Here's an argument against standardized testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment