maryellenkot.ca
kotmaryellen@gmail.com

Sunday 9 March 2014

Sorry Folks

Well, is anyone still out there? Gentle readers, I beg your forgiveness. How can I possibly expect anyone to read this offering if I don't contribute on a more regular basis? Now, I know you have heard this from me before but, here it comes again.....I am going to write more regularly. That belongs in the same chapter as..... I am going to exercise more regularly, I am going to eat smaller portions, I am going to get to bed earlier etc. But this time I really mean it! If real life would just not get in the way, I would be such a prolific writer! However, it is now the season of Lent; a time of soul searching, of new beginnings, a time for improved self-discipline. What better time to make a resolution to write more regularly?

Speaking of Lent, Pat and I started off Ash Wednesday with a bang. We got in the car and started driving... to Florida. We are giving up winter for Lent. (Yes, I know it is also supposed to be a time of sacrifice. We have got it all backwards.) We were not well rewarded in our quest for warmer temperatures during our drive. We saw a lot of  snow. The day we chose to spend walking around in beautiful Savannah, Georgia was downright miserable. However, all is now good. We are happily settled in a beachside condo and the sun is shining.

 I'm afraid the closest we got to church today was this sign.
We went for a walk this morning and knew that some type of  church was nearby. Even if we had been there at the right time, I'm not sure if we would have fit the bill for their traditional, casual or contemporary service.

If you don't mind, I will go backwards a bit and then forwards with my ramblings. So far I have not figured out anything technical with this blog site and so I do not feel connected through comments etc. That's another item on my "to do" list.. to sit down with someone more tech savvy than me (anyone under 60 will do) and get my site more interactive. Until then; if, at any time, you would like to comment on anything you read here, please email me at kotmaryellen@gmail.com. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment